There are no words for the frustration I feel when having to rip a project and start again.
I’ve had this lovely Monsoon leopard print skinny belt for a while but slowly the patterned side started detaching from the leather underneath. It was beginning to look very tatty.
So for a quick and easy fix I used studs to join the 2 parts back together and now it’s good as new!
It’s too simple, I just measured the belt and spaced the studs evenly across it, I used about 10. Then with a leather awl I punched the holes, fitted the studs and was done!
One thing to be careful of is that the prongs of the studs are well pushed in so they don’t snag off any of your clothes.
Another option would have been to glue but that might not have coped with all the stretching and bending a belt goes through as well the studs.
Some terrible phone photos of a skirt I made over Christmas with vintage gold fabric, rush photography but it turned out great.
This was a laptop sleeve I made for a friend, didn’t take pictures as the process was a bit trial and error, but will definitely be making more.
Hope it fits!